The Edith Stein Guild was formed in 1955. This was 10 years prior to the Second Vatican Council’s historic decree, called Nostra Aetate or Declaration on the Relation of the Church to Non-Christian Religions.
The original founders were a group of 10 men and women who had either experienced or witnessed anti-Semitism in their lives.
The first meetings were held in Elmhurst (Queens), New York and then at Our Lady of Victory Church in the Wall Street area of lower Manhattan.
A shrine in memory of St. Edith Stein and the Six Million Jews has been placed in this church.
Today the Guild’s membership extends throughout the metropolitan area and across the country.
The Guild’s Board meets once a month at Maryknoll House, 121 East 39th Street, Manhattan, New York.